Harshly condemning the rape and murder of the eight-year-old innocent girl in Kathua district,and other rape cases in india All India Ulama & Mas
Harshly condemning the rape and murder of the eight-year-old innocent girl in Kathua district,and other rape cases in india All India Ulama & Mashaikh Board (AIUMB), an apex body of Sufi Muslims in India is putting forward this memorandum to the prime minister of india and demad:
- We demand the ‘death penalty’ as only fitting punishment for this insane and inhuman brutality of the beasts.
- We demand the complete justice to be delivered. And that is only possible when the rape criminals are hanged to death.
- We demand that the government should bring a “new law” on the rising rape crimes, calling for a national consensus for exemplary punishment for the rape culprits.
- We demand that an amendment in the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act on death penalty for rape of children below 12 years of age is mandatory after India has witnessed several brutal incidents of the rapes where the victims were mostly minor girls.
- We demand that the brutal rape and merciless murder of Asifa—a minor Indian child— and the case of Unnao rape victim should open our eyes. But it should not be painted as Hindu-Muslim communal issue in the country. It doesn’t make any difference if the victim is Muslim, Hindu, Dalit or of any other faith, creed or caste. Criminals have no religion at all.
We ask the Prime Minister to assure the country that no culprit will be spared and that “Our daughters will definitely get justice”.